Thursday, July 01, 2004

I'm forever blowing...

I had an amusing episode with the mower. After each mowing session it pays to get the hose out and clean the mowing deck to remove all the clogged up grass and mud. It cuts better and does throw out 'clods' on the lawn. I normally use the hose, but this time I decided to use the water collected in rain water butts from the bath. All our bathwater is collected and used to water the plants via a pump and hose to save money. Water is about 1€ per m3, but there are no sewage charges because of the septic tank.

I started the blades turning as usual and squirted the water under the deck into the blades to dislodge all the muck, but this time I got covered in soap suds. Bubbles everywhere, I'd forgotten the kids had a bubble bath a few nights ago and so the action of the blades really stirred it up. At least the mower was clean!

No comments: