Sunday, July 11, 2004

You mean you can read in French ?

I went to the library with the children on Friday. Caroline reads the children French and English books before bedtime. Elizabeth came up to me with a book I recognised from England called La chenille qui fait des trous, known as The very hungry caterpillar - by Eric Carle, and just sat down next to me and started reading it in French. I was gob-smacked, and very impressed. She told me they are reading it at school, so I expect alot of it was from memory, but still very impressive. So tonight we found the English version of the book. Same pictures and almost identical story, just a different title, and she read a fair bit in English. The kids are bi-lingual !!!!

Schumacher supreme at Silverstone.. It was a dominant Michael Schumacher today at Silverstone in a frantic paced British Grand Prix, taking a dominant victory. [Crash.Net FORMULA ONE Newsfeed]
The master does it again.

No comments: