Thursday, June 24, 2004

Moles

Whilst reading the Google Blog about the largest palindrome a reference was made to the movie Caddy Shack which reminded me about the gofers and the similarity to my mole problem. I'm currently waging war against moles in the garden which are wrecking the lawn. They are rife in Brittany and are a real pest. Almost everyday there is at least one new molehill which I stick a smoke cartridge down to try to kill it. Just when I think it's gone, up pops another mole, sometimes within hours. It's just like the movie and it's driving me nuts.

People occasionally say to me that the French are crazy drivers and drive too fast, but it's not something I've really noticed, but then today I think I've figured it out. They only drive fast at lunchtime. Certainly around Dinan, 12'o'clock strikes and they all drive flat out to get home for lunch. The rest of the time, there's no real hurry, but lunch is VERY important, and when you've only got a 2 hour lunch it's best to make to most of it :-)

No comments: