Monday, June 07, 2004

Electronics and water do not mix

Had a superb lunch out in Les Sables D'Olone by the port. Less than 40€ for the four of us, three courses and wine.

In the afternoon we went swimming in the pool, but I forgot to take the car keys out of my shorts. After swimming around a while I realised what I'd done. It wouldn't be much fun being locked out of the car whilst on holiday. So I dismantled the key fob and took out the battery, circuit board and laid it all out in the sun to dry. Fingers crossed. When we got back to the car and I tried it and the red light flashed on the key fob but the doors did not unlock. Nothing for it but to use the old fashioned mechanical way of a key in the lock. I now know the car hasn't got an immobiliser, fortunately, so it wasn't too serious. Anyway with a sunset like this, who cares.

Taken from the tent showing the sun setting over the sea

No comments: