Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Lunch and a trim

Had lunch with some friends at La Vielle Auberge in Trefumel today. I can thoroughly recommend the restaurant. The menu du jour was just 9€ for feta cheese salad, veal and rice, cheese, dessert and wine. It was obviously a local favourite, as parked outside were tractor and trailer combos, a La Poste van, several white vans and various local cars. It gave the place a nice authentic local village atmosphere.

Full of wine in the afternoon meant it was an ideal opportunity to play with my new power tool whilst standing up a ladder. If I did have an accident at least I'd be half anaesthetised already. Because lunch took so long I only managed to clip one of the hedges. The hedge trimmer (a Bosch AHS 6000 PRO-T) scythed through the bits I could reach but becomes very heavy when you are stretching to reach the top and middle. The slight advantage the electric trimmers have over the petrol ones sf the weight. Even stood on top of a picnic table balanced on the trailer attached to the mower I still couldn't get to the top properly. The hedge is about 3m high but also 3m wide. Note to self, never ignore a leylandii hedge, keep it short and thin.

No comments: